Hello, everyone! I am so grateful that Joy nominated me for The Penable Award. That is the link to his beautiful blog: https://theyellowbrickave.wordpress.com/2020/05/11/the-penable-award/. This fellow blogger won the galaxy-themed Penable poetry contest with his poem worth reading “Galaxies, Or Regarding Poor Prufrock.” Do not forget to check out his blog, for he has many other touching poems!
- Tag your post with the #penableaward
- Display the Penable award logo (above) on your post and follow Penable if you haven’t already
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Tell us what your writing talent is
- Answer three questions that you have been asked
- Nominate three inspiring people for this award
- Let them know of their nomination
- Give them three new questions to answer!
My writing talent
I do not think that it is appropriate to talk about my own writing talent if there is one. I would say, however, that I love the process of writing because I sort out thoughts and feelings to create a product as close to my own self as possible —at least on that day.
Even so, here is an assessment of what my writing style was two years ago according to the jury of Ficcions, a literary prize that encourages young people to write in Catalan. They said that my version of Un any i mig was “a mature story about freedom and the search for happiness, which manages to trap the reader in a constant play on words that demonstrates the imagination and ingenuity of the writer.” I invite you to read the three chapters of this literary work in this blog —Ficcions I, Ficcions II and Ficcions III.
His three questions
1. If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you live right now, where would you choose? I am still not clear on that. For the time being, I would like to get to know more countries and learn from its different cultures, which are all equally valid and certainly interesting. Even so, in the future I would not rule out living in the United Kingdom or Germany.
2. Do you prefer warm drinks (like coffee, tea, or hot cocoa) or cold drinks (like lemonade or smoothies, etc.)? Now that the days are starting to get hot I prefer cold drinks. In winter, nevertheless, there is nothing like a comforting hot drink.
3. Who was your favorite author when you were a child? I particularly liked Miquel Martí i Pol, although at the age of 5 I honestly thought they were three different people. I still remember with deep love his carol “Desembre”, which, as a tradition, had to be recited in front of the whole family on Christmas Day.
1. What is by far your favourite food?
2. Would you prefer to live forever or never have been born? Why?
3. What is the aspect of your blog for which you feel most grateful?
Dare to participate and have a good day!